Re: A bit of history

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> I am trying to find out exactly when I joined Debian.
[...]
> 1) The date of my first upload

Oldest signature block claiming you to be a DD seen from early 1998.

http://web.archive.org/web/19970414141008/www.debian.org/people.html
lists some early packages.  The oldest timestamp in those is:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/modemu/current/changelog
 -- John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>  Thu, 2 Jan 1996 00:02:50 -0600

That matches the various biogs and SPI platforms which claim 1996.

> 2) The date my account was created on master

Oldest timestamp in your master $HOME looks to be 15 Jan 1997, which
is long before the first use of jgoerzen@d.o that I've found.

> 3) The date my key was added to the keyring

Predates keyring changelog start in January 1998.  I'm stuck.

> [...] All of this predates most of the modern infrastructure: NM,
> *.qa.debian.org, etc.  To make matters worse, the search tool for
> lists.d.o is returning internal server error right now, so I can't
> search some lists for my name over a specific time period.

I'm not sure it would help.  I've tried to find out when other
veterans joined and it seems unusual for a primary source like a
welcome email to be archived anywhere.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray, Archaeology Service - see/vidu http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html