Re: What do Open Source Projects need?

MJ Ray wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote: [...]
> > The benefit of Planet Debian in this case is even that the log entry
> > will expire after a shot while and it not visible to the public on
> > that site anymore, contrary to mailing-list posts. [...]
>
> However, I think it will live forever in the archives of Planet Debian
> like http://planet-search.steve.org.uk/ - the toothpaste tube has been
> squeezed and it's difficult to put it back.

Cool, didn't know about it or forgot about it already.

However, since you need to know what you're looking for, and since
this is a resource not hosted on .debian.org / .debian.net it's not
useable as counter-example against my assertion above.  Imho.

> My question about unsubbing Christoph Berg from Planet Debian was more
> about: do we think it will recur and should we draw a line here?

Christoph has not shown a pattern that will allow us to anticipate
more of such entries in the near future, thus there is no reason
to even think about unlinking his feed from the aggregation.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Still can't talk about what I can't talk about.  Sorry.  -- Bruce Schneier