Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 10:35:21AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Sven Luther dijo [Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:52:22PM +0200]:
> > > Funny thing about volunteers..  They tend to give their time willingly
> > > without getting things in return.  That's kind of the point.  If you're
> >
> > I actually did get something in return, pain and hurt and rejection. If
> > i had gotten nothing in return, i would be happily coding for the best
> > of debian, and we would all be happy.
> > (...)
> > Well, i am sure no volunteers likes freely giving their time, and be
> > handled like shit afterward, i know it happens in many volunteer
> > organisation.
> >
> > The point is, there is no reason for me to leave debian, i still have
> > much to contribute, there is no reason to not search a resolution to this
> > issue, which is easy and not time consuming, and could be done easily
> > enough if all party put their pride and arrogance aside, and say :
>
> That's a good reason to leave Debian: Because so many people insult

Err, a handful is "so many people". I guess this is the cause of all my
problem, we don't speak the same language.

> you, because so many people cannot stand yet-another-flamewar with no
> results, because you are so hurt with it.

Well, then please o please, help ensure that there is a honest and fair
result this time, so we won't have to go through this again next month.

> > As an example of why this is a mess :
> >
> >   14:27:44 < Ganneff> svenl: would you *ever* consider something as
> >   "valid way out" thats not 100% what you want, ie "you all admit you
> >   have been wrong"?
> >
> > How funny, since This is exactly the discourse that Anthyony Towns,
> > Frans Pop and Raphael Hertzof held to me : "you must first admit that
> > everything is your fault".
>
> ...And now, you also put Sam in your shitlist. And probably I'm
> next. And... How many are we? 1000 DDs? Will we all end up in the same list?

Sorry, maybe i am stupid, but i fail to see why you mention sam here ?
What list are you speaking about ? i see only a list of 3 persons,
Anthony Towns, Frans Pop, and Raphael Hertzog, who told me "you must
first admit that everything is your fault".

Again, i guess the problem here is that we don't speak the same
language ...

Saddened,

Sven Luther