Re: Some thoughts on the ARM build daemons

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 12:02:50PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> I'm not sure money is the issue - it appears to be DSA set-up time.
> New hardware has been offered, many months ago, and is there, ready,
> online, but (so far as I can tell) it has not been brought into use by
> the people with the power to do it (DSA and arm build-admin).
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2006/11/msg00008.html
>
> I don't know who is waiting for what, at this stage.

That reminds me of sparc... where vore is dead since late 2005 (at least),
but at least two live hardware offers are being ignored for months
(live as in machines are online and waiting to be used).

It's not like anyone really cares, as long as the remaining machines provide
the modicum of functionality, but you'd expect at least the courtesy of a
response.

Oh, wait, no, you can't really allow yourself to expect a response, because
that would break a long-time pattern of d-a member behaviour. And we can't
have such silly things happen, can we!

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.