Re: Please expulse Frans Pop from debian

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

>> But at the same time, the DAMs are responsible for theirs.  It's never
>> been disputed that Sven has predictibly shown a certain behavior on the
>> lists in the past - and the DAMs chose exactly the option which
>
>> - did explicitly nothing against the destructive effects of such
>>   behavior
>
>> - has the highest probability to provoke it again.
>
> The DAMs don't have authority over the mailing lists.  They were asked to
> rule on a question of whether a developer's account should be suspended,
> which is what they did.  If you think that his mailing list access should be
> suspended as well/instead, well, talk to the people in charge of the lists.

I expect from people with central roles in Debian to consider their
actions' effects on the whole project, and coordinate with people in
other roles if needed.

By the way, I think the release team is a really good example how one
can do that.

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster