Re: Please expulse Frans Pop from debian

Amaya <amaya@debian.org> wrote:

> Sven Luther wrote:
>> Hi, please read the following, and this may give you more of an
>> insight about the situation.
>
> Please stop this *now*

Why should he?  This is what the DAMs wanted, didn't they?  It is a
totally forseeable reaction.

It's a ridiculous decision to revoke Sven's DD rights for the reasons
given, while not at all doing anything about his posting rights.

To me, the fact that the DAMs didn't talk to the listmasters about
parallel action on the list side seems to indicate that they (the DAMs)

- either wanted it that way, i.e. wanted their decision and Frans'
  actions to be discussed, with and by Sven, in the public,

  or, more likely

- that they didn't understand what this problem was about.

As it stands, the decision says something like: "You're currently
behaving well enough that we don't want to ban you from the lists, but
we still want to punish you somehow[1] and therefore revoke your DD
rights".

No, sorry, I did not reread the wording of the DAM's announcement.  And
I won't, but what I'm saying here is exactly the impression I got back
then.  I didn't mean to contribute it, but it seems people are not
understanding.

Or maybe the DAMs want to teach us how to use a killfile?

Regards, Frank

[1] for being insubordinate to Frans?
--
Dr. Frank Küster