Re: Please expulse Frans Pop from debian

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 01:25:14PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 09:32:23AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> > > Yeah, the DAMs *totally* asked for this, they knew Sven would behave in a
> > > childish manner if they suspended him and they did it anyway.  Sven isn't
> > > responsible for his actions, the rest of us are!!
>
> > Of course Sven is responsible for his actions.
>
> Then asking him to stop is perfectly reasonable.
>
> > But at the same time, the DAMs are responsible for theirs.  It's never
> > been disputed that Sven has predictibly shown a certain behavior on the
> > lists in the past - and the DAMs chose exactly the option which
>
> > - did explicitly nothing against the destructive effects of such
> >   behavior
>
> > - has the highest probability to provoke it again.
>
> The DAMs don't have authority over the mailing lists.  They were asked to
> rule on a question of whether a developer's account should be suspended,
> which is what they did.  If you think that his mailing list access should be
> suspended as well/instead, well, talk to the people in charge of the lists.

The real problem, is that we are facing a social problem, in which myself and
Frans Pop are involved, and which has plagued Debian since over a year now.
The natural recourse for this was to call for the DPL as mediation, but this
did fail with the result that we know, and there is no instance who wanted to
handle the problem.

So, everyone tells me to shut-up and accept the way i have been handled, and
since i fail to this, i am to be thrown out, err, suspended for a year, after
a procedure full of irregulaties, and an argumentation which was dubious and
hurting.

When will Debian realise that there should be a way to solve social problems,
and actually try to solve it, instead of trying to censor or silence the most
annoying party ? This is a real question, and once Debian has an answer for
that, it will solve my problem, but also the innumerable flamewars in which i
was not involved which surface regularly, and contribute to the not-fun
ambient of which i am currently made the scapegoat.

Hurt,

Sven Luther