Planning for software upgrade

We are a department, Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO) of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (HKSARG).  We are reviewing our inventory and see if we can upgrade or dump the software as below.

  1. Debian GNU Linux 2.1

Grateful if you could advise:
  1. Is it possible to acquire upgrade package for the software and how much?
  2. Can we transfer the software to other department of HKSARG?
  3. Can we put the software into public auctions?

Regards,
Marco Wong
OGCIO
HKSARG