Re: Google SoC 2007 - we're in, sign up quickly!

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 07:56:25AM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña schrieb:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:27:12PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>> If you'd like to mentor, you will need to register as such[2] and fill
>>> in your profile, checking the Debian box in the list of orgs. Once
>>> you've done that, Zack and I will be able to approve you so you can be
>>> added into the official Debian mentors list[3]. Also please add
>>> yourself to the Debian wiki page[4]. Please add any specific ideas
>>> that you may have, or if you have nothing specific then list the areas
>>> where you reckon you could mentor a student.
>>
>> I've added myself as mentor and have even received (yesterday) and
>> answered (today) questions from a potential student. Last year's SoC was
>> interesting, let's see what this one brings!
>
>Looks like Google is really everywhere these days. I'm curious about
>SoC: What where the last year's Debian projects and what was there
>outcome? Which projects where successful and which failed?

Apologies for the delay in providing this, but there are more details
about most of our projects on last year's page in the wiki[1]
now. There are still a couple of the mentors that I'm waiting on for
more information yet; I'll update the page as more comes in.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2006

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra