Re: Developers vs Uploaders

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         The argument, if I can follow the htread, is about people who
>  review every line of code, like myself, for all new upstream, and
>  anything we sponsor, and whether such activity is desirable and
>  productive.

Manoj, nobody will ever forbid you to do code-review. And we all agree
that this is a good thing to do if the maintainer has the skills and
the time.

However, there are no standards to enforce here because not all
maintainers are able to do that and it would be unreasonable to require
all maintainers to review every new upstream version.

That's all, end of that thread please. We're not going to re-do the
-private discussion on this very similar topic.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog