Re: Developers vs Uploaders

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:13:23PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
<snip>
> The question is, is there a way we can minimize the overhead of integrating
> contributions from folks who aren't (yet) DDs?  Given what I see and hear
> from various sponsors, the review of sponsored uploads is already a joke;
                                                                    ^^^^^^^
> various sponsors already trust their sponsorees implicitly, so if there's
> already no real review happening, are we better off dispensing with the
> illusion?
The assumtion about a DD is that they can be trusted to upload with only
a neglible risk to the archive. You assert that there is not enough
certainty about sponsored uploads because of the unknown or inconsistent
quality of sponsor's reviews. Should this process be halted or
updated/formalize? I saw one or two pages on DD's people page about
their standards(m. palmer) but not an 'official' one and also
sponsors.debian.net (not .org) which has not been made official.