Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 09:40:52PM +0100, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
> On Sam, 27 Jan 2007, Piotr Dziubinski wrote:
> > Iceweasel and Firefox are a different products, very similar, but different.
>
> Can YOU please explain me what *important* differences there are?
>
> If you miss the firefox logo, and the word "firefox" in the title bar,
> then ok, well, run stable.
>
> Otherwise I would like to see what kind of OPERATIONAL difference you
> have found:
> - you still can fall iceweasel as "firefox" on the command line
> - you can browse the web *IN THE EXACT SAME WAY*

To be fair, it's not exactly true, because upgrading from firefox to
iceweasel in debian means upgrading from version 1.0 or 1.5 to 2.0, and
there are substancial changes that some people dislike, myself included.

Which means Piotr is actually probably complaining about the fact that
iceweasel is not quite the same as firefox used to be on his desktop,
but on the other hand, if it were still named firefox, he would have the
same opinion.

Mike