Re: Social Committee proposal

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:19:59 -0200, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> said:

>> >         Voting implies the tyranny of the majority; and I would
>> >         expect
>> >  the social and cultural norms to be heavily biased towards
>> >  white, male, occidental euro-american social and cultural modes;
>> >  since such is the composition of the voting population.
>>
>> >         I am not sure I want to be governed by such a social
>> >         /cultural
>> >  policy.
>>
>> Why do you think the establishment of a "social committee" would
>> have any bearing at all on whether you're subject to a tyranny of
>> the majority where cultural norms are concerned?
>>

> FUD! When you want to stop any kind of changes, that's easy point

        Congratulations.  You have the distinction of sending the
 first flame to this discussion. Accusing either Vorlon or I of
 spreading Fear, uncertainty, and doubt about this discussion, rather
 than participating in it in earnest and raising honest misgivings, is
 an insult; and you are the first to drag this discussion down to the
 usual debian flame war.  Pretending to know my motives, with no
 explanation how you arrived at such mind reading abilities or
 conclusions about my motives, makes discussion much harder.

        Don't you think that flaming, and insulting fellow developers
 is exactly the kind of activity that should be frowned upon by the
 forth coming social committee?  Indeed, by jumping into the
 discussion with a flame first casts serious doubts about your fitness
 to lead, or even be a part of, the so called ombudsman or social
 committee.

        I am disappointed. I would be happy if your future behaviour
 proves my misgivings unfounded.

> out that a social committe will work as a censor before it starts,
> before we discuss use case scenarios and under which rules soc-ctte
> will play it role.

        I think it is important to lay out certain ground rules, and
 cautionary notes, and guidelines for conduct of the committee
 before we start doing nitty gritty design decisions.

        manoj
--
Minors in Kansas City, Missouri, are not allowed to purchase cap
pistols; they may buy shotguns freely, however.