Re: Sven Luther, report of the mediation attempt and further actions

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 10:36:43PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:42:17AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Oh well, i guess it is ok for me to reply to a few points on this.
>
> No, Sven, it is not okay to say "I agreed instead to a self-imposed
> removal from lists, so this will be my last post until end of februrary",
> and then keep posting.

Well, then i ask you officially to ban Frans and yourself from all debian
mailing lists until end of february. If you don't act on this in a timely
fashion, let's say a week, i will ask for your revocation as DPL, and then we
can have another nice flamewar and so on.

> > Anthony, i asked that exclusively Fabio did reply to my mails, because you
> > have proven to not be able to be neutral and objective in this. Should i ask
> > you now to ban yourself from the lists for as long as i am banned :) ?
>
> You can ask for whatever you like, but as I said:

Whatever.

> > On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 06:05:08PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Sven, the mediation was an attempt to help you and the d-i team work
> > > together effectively in future. If you don't want to accept it, you
> > > don't have to; but if you do, you cannot use it as a bargaining chip to
> > > threaten other developers if they don't follow your demands.
>
> If you were to follow Fabio's suggested course of action and stop posting
> to lists, you may be able to find a way to work effectively with other
> people in Debian. But that's _all_ that will achieve, and it certainly
> doesn't obligate anyone else to stop discussing anything, no matter how
> much you might want to be involved in such a discussion.

Anthony, as long as you don't reply to Frans mail in an objective way, you
don't do a thing except drag on the flamewar forever.

Friendly,

Sven Luther