Re: Sven Luther, report of the mediation attempt and further actions

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 05:47:36PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 05:38:19PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 12:44:46AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > > < skipped private comment from Anthony Towns where he asks me to be banned
> > > from debian lists >

> > I said i would, and i will do it. I am a man of word, contrary to others.
>
> > But as there seem to be a technical and ethical problem in banning someone
> > from the lists, i propose a self-imposed not access to the lists until end of
> > february, with the lone exception of problems i am currently working on (like
> > the infamous xserve/udev/d-i/initramfs bug), and the BTS.
>

> < skipped hypocrit private comment from Anthony Towns where he denied me the
> right to participate in the discussion about if i was to be baned or not >

Yeah, right.

I think it is only fair to postpone that "no more post" until this discussion
is ended, right ? But i have lost all hope of fairness from your part.

Hell of a way to start the new year though, maybe you should have avoided
posting this, don't you think ?

> < skipped comment from Anthony Towns, where he believes mediation is useless >

Have you seen Frans reply ? There is no way any kind of mediation will help,
and you didn't say a single word about it. This only shows how one-sided you
are, and shows the main reason why we are still having this problem so many
months after the fact.

Anyway, i take this as announcement that i will now retire from debian until
end of february, and not post on debian mailing lists until the end of
february, with a few lone exceptions :

  1) If someone bashes me on irc or on mailing lists, i will ask you as DPL to
  immediately apply the ban to him too, and if you fail to do so in a timely
  fashion, i will stop my self-imposed ban, and immediately ask for your
  revocation as DPL.

  2) I will write a mail on a few chosen lists (like debian-powerpc) to
  announce my decision. If someone else than Fabio replies to these, i will
  ask you as DPL to extend the ban to them, and if you fail to do so in a
  timely fashion, i will stop my self-imposed ban, and immediately ask for
  your revocation as DPL.

  3) I ask the permission to take Frans email public, so that everyone will
  see how i hold to my world and he does not.

Anthony, i sincerely believe that you are the worse DPL that i have ever seen
at the head of Debian, and it is clear that such concepts as mediation and
fairness and justice are far beyond your understandinf. Debian doesn't need
someone like you, who sole-handedly caused months of strife, and did damage to
debian worse than anything i have ever done. Please don't re-present yourself
for a new term.

Sven Luther