Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 12:10:41PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > In the future, it would be nice if these mails could also specify which
> > packages the DMs are allowed to upload.
>
> Here is the current list.

The list that would be interesting to see at the time DM rights are
granted would be the list of packages which have the new DM as Uploader
or Maintainer, IMO.  But this list is interesting as well, for two
reasons:

> I note that the 4th package made an interesting choice indeed.

That's certainly odd...  It is for the same reason that some other
packages are: there are only DDs in the list of (co)maintainers.

I would expect that adding DM-Upload-Allowed should be a concious
decision which is to be made when a specific person is (about to become)
a DM and should be allowed to upload this specific package.  If I am
right in this, it makes no sense to set this flag when only DDs are
maintaining it.  Do others have other ideas about this flag?  Do people
just set it everywhere to show support for the DM system, or something?

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html