Re: infrastructure team rules (second edit)

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:43:09PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
>> If the team is functional, why would we even consider someone/something else
>> deciding it? Revoking the teams' right to decide their own membership would
>> go against all recorded history (AFAIR), so one could question whether that
>> kind of a change is done in good faith.
> I was under the impression that recorded history proves that this does
> not work and is prone to all kinds of abuse.

Actually, it's the way the release team has been working for some time
now. I have the impression that the RM team works just fine and doesn't
have the problems that are to be solved by these rules. It may be argued
that the release team is not an "infrastructure team", but the concept
is the same.

Marc
--
BOFH #290:
The CPU has shifted, and become decentralized.