Re: Supported or Certified Hardware

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Mike Houle <Michael.Houle@Sun.COM> [2007-10-02 14:04]:
> > I am a QA engineer at Sun Microsystems and have been tasked with
> > looking into supporting Debian on some of our systems. Many other OS
> > vendors have a certification program for hardware and systems, where
> > a series of tests are run and upon completion, the system/hardware
> > is posted to a list of "certified hardware" for that OS. Is there
> > any such program for Debian?
>
> We don't have such a program.  However, it would be great if you could
> work with our debian-installer and kernel teams to make sure that
> Sun's hardware is supported.  That work would involve testing daily
> images of the debian-installer and reporting issues to the debian-boot
> mailing list; see http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ for
> some links.

Note that the images are created "daily" but they don't have to be tested
"daily". :-) The best is to test several times through the development
cycle and particularly important is to test when we release "release
candidate" of the installer in order to make sure that your hardware is
supported in the next stable Debian release.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog