Supported or Certified Hardware

Hi,

I am a QA engineer at Sun Microsystems and have been tasked with looking into supporting Debian on some of our systems. Many other OS vendors have a certification program for hardware and systems, where a series of tests are run and upon completion, the system/hardware is posted to a list of “certified hardware” for that OS. Is there any such program for Debian? If so, can someone please provide me with information or a contact to get involved in this process? If there isn't a process for certification, is there anywhere that a list of "supported" hardware exists, and how could a systems vendor get their products on this list? I would like to learn more about what certification program, if any, exists, and what it would require to certify systems for Debian.

Thanks for the help,

Mike
--
Mike Houle