Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> > I'm not proposing anything... I said that IMO it's not worth discussing
> > it. I just wanted you to acknowledge that some people can legitimately have
> > other opinions and that your question was somewhat ignoring that fact.
>
> I never said they couldn't, did I? I was just asking if it's just an
> ethereal abstract possibility that the social contract could be
> possibly changed if it was decided, or it was something serious, more
> than just discussing about the gender of the angels.

Then you could have looked that by yourself, John Kelly is not a DD
according to db.debian.org so in this case he can't propose any change.
And you shouldn't assume that he represents a sizable chunk of the
opinions just because he posted this remark. :)

> I agree with you, theoretically the social contract  can be changed,
> as well as any other foundational document of any organization, but I
> don't think it's worth discussing it unless there's a real proposal to
> discuss. I was just wondering if he was being serious in proposing a
> change to the social contract.

OK. See, your answer was too short and lacked the context which led you
to ask this question... and maybe in the process of stating the question
in more details, you'd have found the answer by yourself. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog