Re: getting the word out

On 11/09/2007, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:18:30PM -0400, uu110@earthlink.net wrote:
> > Hello Debian,
> >
> > Why don't you create simple, short videos of Debian and upload them to
> > youtube or google video?

<...>
> Have you googled for 'debian video'? I would expect
> there is some already out there.

544 results found at; http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=debian

The search also returns youtube videos.

I suspect you're referring to video that has more than just a
"marketing/eyecandy" appeal.

As appealing as the abundance of XGL/Compiz/Beryl eyecandy videos are
- they hardly address any of the points you've made.

However most, if not all of your points are already addressed on the
debian.org website

Having said that, a viral marketing campaign using video to raise
awareness of debian, that would also direct them to the website /
download page, wouldn't do any harm I suppose.

--
Joel Shea <jwshea@gmail.com>
GPG Key ID: 0xA992856D