getting the word out

Hello Debian,

Why don't you create simple, short videos of Debian and upload them to
youtube or google video?

just consider how popular all these videos are now, this is one of the
best ways to show people what debian is all about

or encourage Debian users to create videos, maybe have a contest for
best intro video or just best debian video

this is a great idea, I hope you recognize it as such.

The videos could be about some of the following:

what is debian, what does the word debian mean

who are the people that started debian

who are some of the people behind debian now

where is debian headquarters, main locations, etc?

what is this debian social philosophy stuff about, sum it up in an easy
to understand paragraph or two

what can I do with debian

can it replace windows or apple OS?

can it be used by non-technical users for the ususal stuff such
as browsing the web, sending email, music, watching videos, games, etc?

why should I use it rather than other OSes or Linux distros?

where do I get it from?

what are ISOs and how do I download and use them? show me

how do I install it, show me

what is apt-get, show me

where do I find and how do I install new software?

how do I update my system and software? show me

where do I go if I need help

how do I use the most common features of debian, show me

show me how to use it, don't just tell me or explain with words,
actually show me with videos and screencasts

how do I do basic setup and configuration?

how do I browse the internet with debian?

how do I setup my Debian email client and use it

what is gnome and what are it's basic features

what is grub, what does it do

thanks, jim