Debian GNU/Linux license violation

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gomi No Sensei <gomi.no.sensei@gmail.com>
Date: Sep 4, 2007 8:33 AM
Subject: Fwd: PhotoVu Inquiry: 48889582 - 17" Frame, Open-source
To: license-violation@gpl-violations.org

The following email is self-explanatory.  The device sold at www.photovu.com is based on a modified Debian, but the company will not disclose the source.

The quote is: "We will never have an open platform as we do not have the resources to support such an open product in the field. It's not that we wouldn't like to, as we believe in open source and in fact use a customized base debian distribution with the addition of all our custom software on top. .... The last reason is why we weld our units shut and the aluminum metal must be cut and drilled to open it up!"