Re: Planet policy?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 10:26:55PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > On Tue, 07 Aug 2007, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Ian could take up pig farming and blog about nothing else, and I'd still
> > > consider his posts on topic for Planet Debian. Whether he likes it or not,
> > > he's inextricably linked with Debian.
> >
> > Ack. I'd rather question the need to have Evan Prodromou's blog who is
> > posting very regularly and where almost none of the posts are related to
> > Debian (mainly wikipedia).
> >
> But then I'd never what todays date is in the French Revolutionary
> Calander!1!1 That alone give his blog a certain 'caché' ;-) But
> seriously, I like reading about wiki technology and the other FLOSS
> things and conferences. IIRC he's also a DD (2005).

I'm sure there's a planet wikipedia to suit your needs. This is "Planet
Debian" so it should be mainly about Debian. Of course Debian contributors
can speak about something else from time to time, but when it's >60% (or
whatever high percentage we could decide of) of the posts, then
the person should really use a dedicated feed for Planet Debian and select
only Debian related posts (or at least a majority of Debian posts).

BTW CCing Evan to let him know.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog