Re: Planet policy?

On ke, 2007-08-08 at 07:24 +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:20:55PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > I read Planet Debian for the *non-Debian* posts.  What somebody's apartment
> > in Japan looks like, what the trip to Berlin was like, etc.  Maybe what
> > their Debian development area looks like...
> >
> > It's good to get to know our fellow developers as whole people, where Debian
> > is part -- but not all -- of their lives.
>
> Seconded :)

I admit to reading pretty selectively these days, and usually the
selection goes to technical stuff. I have no problem with the current
content, or the current loose, unwritten policy, since it's easy enough
to skip an entry in my mailer (I read through rss2email).

It strikes me, though, that if there's interest, setting up an
"pure.debian.net" with feeds strictly restricted to those that discuss
Debian matters only, should be pretty easy. Anybody interested in
subscribing to it?

--
Joss Whedon toys with my emotions