Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > I think we need to do something else.  For example, list-admins.
>
> Have you discussed this with the listmasters (ie. how difficult it
> would be to grant list-admins the power to enforce bans on lists)? If
> the listmasters don't see any difficulties [...]

I've tried in the past without success.  From this thread, there seem
to be objection to lists appointing admin teams, for unspecified
reasons (or bogus ones - list-admins would not grow uncontrolled).

The reasons to not use soc-ctte as the first port of call for list
management include that soc-ctte will probably not be in good standing
on all lists and that the day-to-day work would be a waste of its time
and process, so I expect soc-ctte could continue the effective power
vacuum in our list management.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef