Re: New page (for the website) informing about the Debian trademark

Hi Javier,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 05:06:45PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Attached is a first draft of such a page. I would appreciate input on this
> information as I would like to add it to the website soonish. Please note
> that it just states facts, it does not go into any opinions on whether the
> current status is good, bad or whatever.
>
> <H1>Status</H1>

Please use lower tags and try to be XHTML conform, it doesn't cost you
much. There is no excuse for new pages!

> href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/debian-announce-1998/msg00006.html";>announced</a>

"by" is missing

> Bruce Perens, Debian Project Leader, in 1998:</p>

You don't want to use <q>Debian</q>? I know this nested tag creates a
tidy warning but ...

> For example, if you make a CD of our Debian GNU/Linux distribution, you can
> call that product "Debian". If you want to use the name in some other way, you

> "Debian" in the name of the business, or a domain name of the business.</q></p>

But this is only true for Class 009 ("Computer Utility and Operating
System Software"), right?

> <H2>Future changes</H2>

> href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/10/msg00003.html";>announced</a>
> by Martin Michlmayr, Debian Project Leader, in 2003 (also available
> as SPI resolution <a href="http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2003-06-03-bmh.1";>2003-06-03-bmh.1</a>, a Trademark Committee was started
> to review SPI's trademark policy. This comitee can be contacted at

comitee or comittee?

> spi-trademark@lists.spi-inc.org</a>.

Thanks, the text is fine for me.

Jens