Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:16:50 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> said:

> Just nitpicking, but is our Condorcet method for running election
> suitable for voting when an (ordered) set of result is expected? Isn't
> it targeted at finding only one winner (if it exists)?  Not a big
> problem though: I guess if it's not suitable we can find an
> alternative method, but I definitely don't want a ballot with all
> possible permutation of resulting soc-ctte :-) Something to be looked
> for before the election though, or maybe Manoj can enlighten all us
> out of the box.

        It should be relatively straight forward for Devotee to find the
 winner, take the winner out of contention the next round, find the next
 winner (ignoring any pairwise contests dealing with any candidate no
 longer in the contest), and continue until the number of candidates
 desired has been reached.

        manoj
--
Moore's Constant: Everybody sets out to do something, and everybody does
something, but no one does what he sets out to do.