Re: Social committee proposal

Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote: [...]
>       There is no requirement for the Social Committee to publish
>       requests made to it, its decisions or requests, or its
>       deliberations except that access control decisions it makes
>       under (4) above shall be public.

I don't think we should hide these problems.  Replace with:

The Social Committee will publish requests made to it and optionally
any statements of its members about the request after three years.

[...]
>  7. The initial Social Committee will consist of of five elected
>     Developers.  The Project Secretary is requested to organise and
>     hold an election, in a manner similar to that for Project Leader.
>
>  8. The Committee shall be responsible for appointing new members,
>     removing existing members, and varying its size, as and when it
>     sees fit.

I feel that this would probably entrench any majority views,
particularly with only five members.  Replace with:

7. The initial Social Committee will consist of eleven Developers
drawn by random selection from all Developers.

8. Should any appointed Developer be unwilling to serve, unwilling to
serve any longer, or fail to answer three requests from the Project
Leader within a month without warning, they will be replaced by
another Developer drawn in the same manner.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef