Re: Two GR concepts for dicussion

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:37:53PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> First, the "Debian Maintainers" concept
[..]
> My best summary of Joerg's objections are:
[..]
> 	- it's taking over some of the DAM role (in principle if not
> 	  precisely in practice) so should be done with DAM's approval and
> 	  support
[..]
> So, the reason I call it a "GR concept" is that I think a reasonable
> approach would be to work out a "concrete plan" over the next few weeks,
> and hopefully come up with something that has a demonstrable consensus
> behind it, rather than just a pushy DPL candidate, a couple of cabal
> members, or whatever. Whatever happens, it won't be perfect, but surely
> we can think of and implement *something* better than what we've currently
> got within a few weeks.

I love the DM idea.

I don't understand why you want a GR for it though.  Don't you just want
to flesh out a proposal that the DAMs will approve of and work with you
and others on?

Simon.

--
oOoOo   "Do they teach lawyers to apologise, because you suck at   oOoOo
 oOoOo                  it?" -- Erin Brockovich.                  oOoOo