Re: Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:14:20PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ok, then we come back to the problem of Frans, right, who found it
> > totally unacceptable that i dared to present myself as DPL, and chose to
> > hurry to search expulsion supporters to punish me for it ? Even though
> > my DPL candidacy had nothing to do with him, but rather because i saw
> > problems in debian and, as i was told by astronut, candidating as DPL
> > was a way to do something about it. Did they fear so much an honest DPL
> > campaign, and what the result of the vote would have been ?
>
> Sven, let me ask you something. Do you really feel you stood a single
> chance to be elected as DPL?

Nope, but this is hardly ground for asking for my expulsion, is it ?

Like i said, i was not even thinking about this until, i think it was
astronut, pinged me on irc, and suggested that the DPL candidacy was a
way to act on what i believed (don't remember the exact words).

This seemed a reasonable thing to do at that time, especially as i was
abiding by the self-enforced ban, enjoying the tranquility this offered
to me, and hopping that by the end of the ban, or the upcoming FOSDEM
meeting, we could finally find a way to deal with these issues in a
non-confrontational way, and make everyone happy.

I was really looking forward to meeting frans in real life, and solving
the issue, those who where there may even remember that i tried to help
him when he was having X related troubles at the start of his
presentation. I even went to Holger after my talk, trying to ask him, as
a one of those who where the most agressive against me, if i had managed
my presentation while letting the old grudge aside, and there, after
having exchanged a few words with James Troup, he was the first to tell
me that "so many folk where against me, don't you know what is
happening, and that people where again asking about your expulsion, and
debian would be better off without you".

Now, it is my turn to ask you something. Do you really feel that the
timing of the expulsion request can be seen as anything but shadowy
dealings and mafioso politics ? I am ver very curious about this.

Saddened,

Sven Luther