Re: looking to buy an ad on packages.debian.org

Hi Megan,

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 16.17:52 Megan Farnum wrote:
> id like to buy an ad for a company that sells barcode scanners. i was
> thinking about placing the ad on your barcode package page:

As David already said: the debian.org web pages are not for sale.

But here's a deal for you: You check that your barcode scanners work with
Linux (shouldn't be too hard - most barcode scanners behave just like
keyboards.  Should take a Linux software engineer not more than a day to
check and also write a very short example code).  Then you take the Debian
logo from <http://www.debian.org/logos/> (the swirl, without the bottle)
and place it on your web site, and you can put out a press release that
your Devices support Debian GNU/Linux.  As you can see on your logos web
page, you can freely use our Logo to refer to the Debian project.

There are some lists of Linux compatible hardware on the web, I guess you
can add your device to those lists, too (always provided that they work.)
(One such list is <http://www.linuxcompatible.org/>, haven't looked but I
assume there are some others.)

greetings
-- vbi