Re: Developers vs Uploaders

Clint Adams dijo [Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 11:22:37PM -0400]:
> Really?  If this "maintainer" thing goes through, I think it would set a
> horrifying double standard if we don't go ahead and start demoting
> people accordingly.
>
> Why should people be grandfathered just because they've passed through
> NM or equivalent?

Don't worry, we still have many DDs who didn't pass through NM, and
some of them are IMHO quite good at their task. When the NM process
was set up, people already in Debian were not required to pass
it. Similarly, if today DM is approved, DDs will continue being DDs -
There could even be a mail to d-d-a inviting DDs to consider
requesting demotion, jut keeping true to the principle of least
privilege, and I'm sure many not-too-active DDs will ask to be demoted
- as long as they can keep doing their tasks, uploading their
packages.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23