Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and buildds and DAM, oh my!

Em Sex, 2007-02-23 às 11:41 +0100, Marc Haber escreveu:
> I feel that RT is not a silver bullet, and adresses a non-issue in my
> opinion. I fear that its introduction will not help in solving the
> pressing issue that makes people stop caring about things.

While I agree that RT is no silver bullet, having a history and a list
of open issues would be a good thing, as long as we are able to browse
it.

Our own BTS teaches us the importance of having a publicly viewable
'open issues' tracker, which serves as TODO, quality measurement, and
even documentation.

I am one of the somewhat demotivated by the apparent lack of
'throughput' of some of Debian's base, and am affected by it as well (I
have requested a GPG key replacement (the new key is 4096, against 1024
of the current) and had no answer for months now). I do believe that
more transparency would be very useful.

Remains to be seen if the RT install will actually be transparent
enough.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha <kov@kov.eti.br>