Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

On 12/02/07 at 11:00 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been talking about having a DPL board and I might want to go further
> and try the principles out by proposing a DPL board in the upcoming
> elections. So I'm explaining here how I expect such a board to work.
> Feel free to comment, ask questions and give suggestions on how to enhance
> it.

Hi,

While I think that this is a good idea, I would really like to hear from
other similar projects that use/used a "board" organization. It is the
case of the GNOME foundation, for example.

Could someone familiar with the inner workings of the GNOME board
explain which problems they faced, which solution they tried, etc ? I
vaguely remember that the size of the GNOME board was reduced to
something smaller a year or so ago, which seems to prove that they
encountered some problems at some point. It would be idiot to just
reproduce the same mistakes.