Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:38:12AM +0100, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> > +  <li>At least one third of all elected candidates should have been
> > +  members of the project for at least Y/2 years, where Y is the age
> > +  of the Project in years. If fewer than one third of candidates meet
> > +  this requirement, the election process is repeated.</li>
> And why that rule?  I would think in a social ctte, fresh blood is very
> welcome, because they (probalbly) haven't taken part in any flamewar and
> therefore are the best to choice for a ctte, that should be as objective
> and neutral as possible?

No matter what's my opinion on whether fresh blood is good or bad for
the social ctte, I doubt it would make any difference to state a rule
like that. The committee will be elected and I seriously doubt any
"fresh blood" DD will be elected in such a position by the DD body.

Sure there's no warranty that this is the cause, but I'm confident
enough in it to prefer not to write down such a rule.

Cheers.