Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 01:50:35PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> One question related to the Concordet method: does it fullfill the
> representative criteria?
>
> AFAIUI the Concordet method allows this (please correct me if I'm
> wrong):
>
> We have two groups of people, A and B. A has 20 people, B 10. A fields
> candidates a1, a2 and a3, and B fields b1, b2 and b3. We are about to
> elect three people.
>
> All A people post ballots a1,a2,a3,NOTA,b1,b2,b3, and all B people
> post ballots b1,b2,b3,NOTA,a1,a2,a3.
>
> In your suggestion the first three people to be elected would be a1,
> a2 and a3, as they all beat all B candidates. In a representative
> election a1, a2 and b1 should be elected, instead.

Er, I don't think I modified the election method in that way by including
that sentence. I thought I said - follow section A.6, which determines the
ranking, and then take the list and pick the top X people who are above NOTA.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.