Re: Social Committee proposal

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

       Well, the technical committee is passive. It does not actively
make policy.

My vague view of a soc-ctte is as well passive.  I had exactly this
in mind when I turned the 'tech' into 'soc'.  It shows up when there
are problems between developers that are not technical but have to
be solved.

I never faced religious problems in Debian.  I also have never
heard about problems between elder and younger as you imagined.
So I mean, the soc-ctte could deal with *real* social Debian
internal problems not with those that might happen between random
people in real life.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--