Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:29:21 +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:

> > Why? Because not only my personal experience in NPOs but also the
> > scientific literature on this subject show that a mix of paid staff
> > and volunteers in an organization/project leads to
> > disagreement/conflicts;
> This is not a certain cause-effect relationship.

Agreed, I was over-simplifying for the sake of getting to my point
that findings from social sciences might be helpful for Debian in
general.

[Red Cross example]
> and the staff takes care of the boring routine
> things, leaving the volunteers to do what they want, when they want.

Agreed; taking into consideration which tasks are appropriate for
being paid in a mixed staff/volunteers environment seems important to
me, too. -- This is actually a good example of the type of knowledge
I meant.

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/