Re: Debian Etch Stable.

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote: [...]
> It might be that many of
> the anti-payment people are actually also just not that interested in
> getting the release out (or are even opposed to it), though. And I've
> been told they're probably too cynical to try something like the above
> anyway, so it's probably unlikely.

And what's more, I've been told that they're probably made of straw!

> In the context of an experiment to
> find out whether paying people to do Debian work can be useful, it'd
> certainly provide some useful information as to whether there are better
> alternatives for encouraging contributions and getting things done.

The release was the only metric put forward for the experiment,
despite various requests.

The experiment failed to do the release.

Hope that explains,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.