Re: Please appoint one new person to the DSA Team

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 11:50:41AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > If one considers appointing a DSA nagging assistant instead, then of
> > course it's not worth doing!  It seems to be miss the point, though.
> > The problem is insufficient communication, not insufficient nagging.
>
> How, exactly, will that help the fact that new buildds are not
> integrated in a timely manner (though this is not as much a DSA task as
> one of the wanna-build admin)? Saying "Nothing has happened yet" is not
> really fixing the problem.

Hi Marc,
from my reading of this, folks are saying they want better
_communication_ even if the problem is not fixed in a timely matter. The
simple act of communicating will make the users feel _heard_ and not
assume that there mail went to /dev/null, a spam filter or is actually
being ignored. Users that are heard are far more _patient_ then those that
are not feeling valued.
Cheers,
Kev