Re: Please appoint one new person to the DSA Team

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 04:06:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I would greatly appreciate it if people would help the process by
> supporting the efforts of the DSA team consistently rather than heaping
> praise on them when they fix compromises and scorn on them the rest of
> the time. It would also be helpful if there were people who are able to
> commit time to do significant but boring tasks to help DSA, expecting
> neither praise, acknowledgement or, most importantly, any additional
> rights/priveleges in return.

This is once again _THE_ _ONE_ classical Debian problem: The people in
key positions don't communiate. I have never seen DSA say that they
need help. They do not say in which fields they need help, they do not
say what they're doing.

Nobody wants to submit random patches to a black hole to have a tiny
fraction of the patches applied.

Delegates, communicate. Say what you need, say what hurts you. People
are going to help then.

Greetings
Marc