Re: debian logo on commercial of the big mobilephones shops network

On Sunday 26 November 2006 12:30, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:

> [quote]
> I don't see how some russian company using some swirl for advertising
> endangers the freedom of Debian.
> [/quote]
>
> They are big and has enough money to create new logo, but not to use
> Debian logo for their needs. This time they use swirl, tomorrow they
> would make advertisment with tux... Some days after people would think,
> that Debian is a part of these shops (their intelligent property!).

Again, what others have already said:  it is not the Debian swirl.  It is
very likely that whoever created this swirl has not even heard about
Debian.

The Debian swirl was created with a few - apparently very obvious - steps in
a popular graphics package (which one?), starting with a default brush
stroke.  So anybody owning this particular graphics package can easily
create a similar logo.  Both brush strokes and swirls are not that
uncommon...

This was discussed in the past already.

Time for a more unique logo?  OTOH I quite like the swirl.  And then there
are the tattooed people who probably would like the logo to stay the same
for another few years...

cheers
-- vbi

--
Ich zitiere mich oft selbst. Das würzt meine Unterhaltung.
		-- George Bernard Shaw