Re: Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment"

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 08:48:16PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On 10/26/06, Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> >If people need to be paid, I'd like them
> >  (1) to be paid by the project
> >  (2) to be paid by something friendly to the project
> >  (3) to be paid by a competitor
> >
> >I know of more DDs that (3) applies than of DDs that (2) applies. And
> >unfortunately, no DD that (1) applies to.
>
> What does this imply? Why would a competitor pay a DD to do Debian
> work? Is this by any chance related to Ubuntu?

I don't know exactly what he had in mind, but we've had DDs working
for Red hat, Suse, Prodigy, Ubuntu, and doubtless many others that I'm
forgetting.  Of course, one of the nice things about free software is
that classes two and three are not disjunct sets.  In fact, they have
massive overlap.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single