Re: Improving the DAM-queue?

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 02:14:40PM +0000, Bill Allombert wrote:

> [1] The same happen for unmaintained packages: the hurdle for taking
> them over is so high most maintainers do not bother. Consider that I
> have hijacked most of my current packages so I know something about
> that.  There are "maintainers" that never made a single upload of the
> package, the last upload being 3 years old, but will not even let you do
> an NMU to fix trivial-to-fix but painful bugs.

Perhaps it is worth spelling out in policy that if package has bugs
filed against it and there is no activity for x days (180 or 365 seem
good), the package *will* be orphaned from you.  Of course, extenuating
circumstances could exist.  However the number of packages *with* bug
activity that can legitimately go six months or a year without updating
or at least replying to the bugs is *extremely* small.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez