Re: Using money to fund Debian: social issues

Tiago Saboga <tiagosaboga@terra.com.br> writes:

> But the funding of developers has other consequences. In the event this
> idea fully succeeds (and I think it's really possible), we may think
> about a "core" debian team, most of them in key positions, who are
> funded by Debian.

Please note that no one, not even the dunc-tank folks in the comments that
I've seen from them, is proposing ever funding anyone for a full-time
ongoing position.  I personally think that would be a very bad idea.  It
raises numerous issues that the sort of contract work that has been talked
about does not.