Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

MJ Ray schrieb:
> Can we leave the sanity attacks out of it, please?  It's unhelpful to
> suggest that all the people with concerns about this experiment have
> personality problems.
>
> Are the attacks on people because there are no good answers to the
> concerns of Martin Schulze and others?

>From my (external) POV it is quite easy to understand those concerns,
but at the same time very difficult to find the right words to explain
them. I have the impression that the people who expressed their concerns
or feeling of demotivation were also not very succesful in explaining
them to others.

For this reason I'd like to share with you, my dear DDs, what I recently
found on another mailinglist: a dissertation on the subject "Fun and
Software Development: About the Motivation of Open Source Developers"[1]
 (in german only, abstract[2] is also available in english).

I'm hoping that there is something in this document that the "concerned"
people like joey might find useful to better express their feelings. It
does probably not contain the ultimate word of wisdom on this subject,
but it seems relevant to me and at least it's a somewhat structured
approach.

Hope this helps,
Guido

[1] http://www.dissertationen.unizh.ch/2006/luthigerstoll/diss.pdf