Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> [...] I would submit that people who
> consider quitting or actually quit over something like that probably
> have other issues to deal with.

Can we leave the sanity attacks out of it, please?  It's unhelpful to
suggest that all the people with concerns about this experiment have
personality problems.

Are the attacks on people because there are no good answers to the
concerns of Martin Schulze and others?

Can Dunc-Tank advocates answer these essential questions?
| Why is devel 1 paid but not devel 2?  Is devel 2 not doing good work?
| Will it work for devel 1 if they work more on Debian so get paid as
| well?  Why does devel 1 have to work on a day-job to get something to
| eat but not devel 2?  Why is the project involved in selecting people
| worth for funding?  Why can't all developers who work hard on getting
| Debian better be funded similarily?

> For example, why join the Debian project in the first place?

Because it's more efficient than the alternatives for many tasks.

> Seriously, if money is someone's nly or primary motivation, they
> should go work for Red Hat, Novell or Canonical.

However, some developers won't make the ethical compromises necessary to
do so.  What if money is one of your motivations, not only or primary?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef