Re: Reforming the NM process

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
>         If you concentrated a bit more one getting things done, rather
>  than talking about why it can't be done, and waiting for other
>  people, you might actually reach your goals.

I think that debian's current setup of some of the suggested
services are partly documented in places only DDs can access.

> > Of course, I could offer to join ftpmasters, but I guess I can't be
> > trusted till I've gone through NM, can I?
>
>         Precisely.  And to get trusted, it happens not just through
>  words -- words are cheap. Actions count for far more.

In other emails, Panu Kalliokoski pointed out that there is a
bottleneck in the number DDs willing to help him get trusted and
it does require DDs to help welcome new maintainers.  That's a
fair comment, IMO.

The hard-to-identify delays in the application process are a
frequent complaint I hear too.  Debian really does throw nails
in the path of potential contributors sometimes. Are we looking
for the technical skills or masochism?

--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/