Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 12:52:36AM +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> On 4/7/06, Micah Anderson <micah@debian.org> wrote:
> > >         I'm sorry. If we can't trust these people not to abuse upload
> > >  privileges, then I certainly do not want to see them get  a say in
> > >  deciding how we conduct the project's business.
> >
> > By your argument, then the USA should give all its citizens access to
> > our nuclear arsenal, launch codes, etc. because we trust them to have
> > a say in deciding how the government is run.
>
> Hmm, I see, you see yourself as government.

No. In a democratic government, everyone who is part of the electorate
gets to decide how the government is run, and the government is to
report to the electorate. That isn't actually the same thing.

> That would explain the dictatorial thinking as every governship tends
> to enslave the governed people.

Err, no.

> You should think of yourself as a representative of the users instead
> of their master.

No; in every democratic government, the electorate is the government's
"boss".

[...]
--
Fun will now commence